Sunday, February 22, 2009

Maynard Sleeping Gene, Harris Ingenuity

As a member of the Maynard family, I have always prided myself on being able to fall asleep anytime, anywhere. My dad, James (or Jim or Peanut as some may call him), has passed that wonderful gift on to my brother and myself. Recently, I have learned that I have passed on that wonderful Maynard gene on to my firstborn, Grace. As little as she likes to sleep, she has proven to me that when she is tired, she can and will sleep anywhere she pleases.

Now, if it means being creative to ensure her to
tal comfort, she will throw in a dash of "Harris Ingenuity". Take for instance this particular afternoon when she wanted to take a nap but did not have a blanket. I was busy cleaning the kitchen and kept telling her I'd get her a blanket "in a minute". Well, Grace was cold and ready for a nap "wight now!". After she left me alone for a couple minutes I assumed she had fallen asleep, but I never dreamed she'd solve her problem of being cold without a blanket in the way she did!


Yes, this is a couch cushion. She took it off of the couch, unzipped it, and curled up in to keep warm as she fell asleep.


Grace actually slept in the couch cushion for about an hour and a half!



1 comment:

Kristy said...

She is SO CLEVER! It never ceases to amaze me how creative kids are. They can improvize like mad! This is totally cute. Grace is just darling :-)

(btw - you sound like me, "IN A MINUTE, BENNETT!!!" lol!)