Sunday, February 1, 2009

January is over already?

Gees, I really slacked on my blog in January! I guess there was just so much going on that I didn't have time to post many things. The month just seemed to fly by and before I knew it, it was gone!

Grace is back in swimming lessons at the YMCA and doing pretty well. She is the smallest kid in the class, of course, but she does great. Grace is easily distracted by, well, everything. She would rather swim around the pool by herself than have to stand by the wall and wait her turn. I am hoping that having to go to an organized class with a teacher and other kids will help her learn how to pay attention and follow directions, especially since she will be in preschool this fall.

Ella and Grace go to the YMCA for Wee Tumble
rs class on Tuesday mornings with me. It is really nothing but a gymnasium full of obstacles and games for them to play with, along with other kids, for a half hour. It is nice, though, because it gets me out of the house with them and they get to meet other kids their ages. I think it has helped Ella become much more social. When we went to the first class last Fall, Ella wouldn't let go of my leg. Now, she can't wait for me to put her down so she can run around!

Here are just a few pictures of the girls from this month...mostly just running around the house.


Grace had a barely-visible scratch on her face and insisted on wearing a SpongeBob SquarePants bandage on her face all day. She was very proud of it and kept asking me to take her picture with it on.


We played "Wizard of Oz" dress-up last week and Ella wasn't quite sure if she was a 'good witch' or a 'bad witch'. She wanted to wear the wicked witch's dress with Dorothy's dress over it. Whatever makes her happy, I guess...


I was spinning Ella around on the kitchen floor by her pantleg, (cheap entertainment and non-stop giggles, by the way), and we took a break to have a little photo shoot.


When I tell you she has so much energy she could climb the walls, I'm not kidding! Grace decided to show off her ninja moves on the refrigerator and cupboards. And I wonder why we always have 4000 handprints and smudges on the stainless steel appliances...


No comments: